Friday, August 29, 2014

First post

Hello, my name is Jimmy Le. I'm a freshman from Lexington, Kentucky. The album I would use to describe my 2014 would be either one of two earlier Jay-Z albums: Reasonable Doubt and The Black Album. I believe these two albums can kind of symbolize the person I was a few years ago. When I was younger, I always saw myself leaving the state for college and going somewhere beautiful and far away. Yet, I still find myself here at UK. Let me be clear: I'm not comparing myself to the legendary Hov, but I feel that I've grown and changed just as he has. His earlier music was classic, but time has changed him, not necessarily for the worse, but it's made him different nonetheless. I believe the same has happened with me. I've grown up and become a different person, and I would like to believe I'm better than I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment